Winnacunnet Classes of 2025 & 2026
Monday July 11, 2022 – Thursday, July 28, 2022
Winnacunnet High School is proud to invite incoming freshmen from the class of 2025 and 2026 to participate in the acclaimed Sea to Summit summer enrichment program. Current 8th and 9th grade students from SAUs 21 & 90 are all welcome in this unique opportunity. The program provides a strong academic and social introduction to high school that is focused on unforgettable experiences that improve problem solving skills, literacy and collaboration.
Sea to Summit student benefits:
- Earn a high school course credit upon participating in and completing the program
- Participate in fun, interactive labs and activities with supplies and software provided
- Practice with and receive direct training on technology you will need to be successful in high school
- Meet fellow freshmen and put names to faces before entering high school
- Make valuable connections with WHS staff
- Improved academic performance in reading, math, science, and technology skills
|Social life- Students will get to know other peers from different sending middle schools. They will also be able to meet upperclassmen peer leaders and they will tour their new school surroundings.
|Math Modeling – Students will complete interactive math labs live with a WHS math teacher. Discover how a person can skydive from space. Use math skills and compete to create a boat which can hold maximum weight and more.
|Science Program – Students will complete interactive science labs with supplies provided at the beginning of the program. Students will understand how glaciers worked to form the amazing land features here in NH. They will be “transported” to the Blue Ocean Society to hear and question a marine biologist about seacoast marine life and more.
|Technology Integration – Students will utilize web-based tools including movie making, 360 view touring, journaling, and the Google educational suite to document their experiences and share them in engaging formats.
For additional info, please contact: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org