Winnacunnet Classes of 2027 & 2026
Monday July 10, 2023 – Thursday, July 27, 2023
Winnacunnet High School is proud to invite incoming freshmen and current freshmen from the class of 2026 and 2027 to participate in the acclaimed Sea to Summit summer enrichment program. 8th and 9th-grade students from SAUs 21 & 90 are all welcome in this unique opportunity. The program provides a strong academic and social introduction to high school that is focused on unforgettable experiences that improve problem-solving skills, literacy, and collaboration.
Sea to Summit student benefits:
- Earn a high school course credit upon participating in and completing the program
- Participate in fun, interactive labs and activities with supplies and software provided
- Practice with and receive direct training on the technology you will need to be successful in high school
- Meet fellow freshmen and put names to faces before entering high school
- Make valuable connections with WHS staff through three daily one hour live sessions per week with teacher feedback
- Improved academic performance in reading, math, science, and technology skills
|Social life- Students will get to know each other through interactive classroom experiences as well as engaging field trips that will take them to scenic locations in the state of New Hampshire. They will also get to explore their new school.|
|Math Modeling – Students will complete interactive math labs live with a WHS math teacher. Discover how a person can skydive from space. Use math skills and compete to create a boat that can hold maximum weight and more.
|Science Program – Students will complete interactive science labs with supplies provided at the beginning of the program. They will be “transported” to the Blue Ocean Society to hear and question a marine biologist about seacoast marine life and more.|
|Technology Integration – Students will utilize web-based tools including movie making, 360 view touring, journaling, and the Google educational suite to document their experiences and share them in engaging formats.|
For additional info, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Register on seatosummitwhs.org (registration information will be made available this spring).